Behind heart and faces

Colors were all there
On my face painted
Of their desires
Of their expectations
Of how they want to see
Of how they want me to be
They need me to smile
When they have me for a while
They need me to cry
When they loose the hope to try
They want my reality veiled
They know me but still concealed
Behind two fake faces of mine
There's one that i don't reveal
I am stitching my heart well open
It's something that you can't steal
You may cover my being
You may claim me three faced
But do you ever think of yourself
On which ground your life is based?
Never mind the story
Of whether i am real or fake
Behind this heart and the faces
There's a truth that you can't take.

© Mohammad Shahnawaz 2015
Image Copyright © Google Images

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am sorry for everything

Thinking about You

What If ?