Dawn of new world

At the dawn of this new world
I encountered a new truth
That with the change of millennia
Perceptions are also changed

When i used to look in the mirror
I saw a roaring lion
With heavy hairs on my neck
With my arms thick of velvety flesh

But as i woke up today
In the fierce motorcar world
I saw my past look diminished
What my mind desired
Is an updated piece of mechanics

Which eats no food
Has no thirst for water
But loves to live on electricity
Needs nothing but sex and liquor

It needs no feeling
To glance at high rise towers
It needs merely 'Fuel'
To fiercely cross one another

I saw it with grudge
Until the time i realized
It's Me who's been reflected
With no heart and no eyes

We are that piece of tin
That we still use to call a man
Whose hearts are brown of rust
Would you like to turn back again?


© Mohammad Shahnawaz 2015

Image credit © Sarina J:

https://plus.google.com/112974816844692092663

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am sorry for everything

Thinking about You

What If ?