How easily i forget, How easily i lose the sight

How easily i forget,
How easily i lose the sight,
Of how i got into shade,
Of how i got my sweat dried,

When i stood up high,
Known of what may come,
I chose it for myself,
To stay under the midday sun,

The sun got closer,
To test my valor and will,
Blinding eyes to the wall,
Blood sweating from within,

I stood there blind,
Weak to look into it's eyes,
Somehow i survived,
To see that a blessing has arrived,

A cloud came in,
Bringing peace and joy with itself,
A shade so relieving,
So calm that i was out of myself,

I roamed in the shade,
Of blessing and peace,
I hold my head high,
To see, sun is close to release,

I came back in,
In the shade of the wall,
The sun came back again,
Much more sharper, much more tall,

When i crawled back in,
About blessing i realized,
How easily i forget,
How easily i lose it's sight.


© Mohammad Shahnawaz 2015

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am sorry for everything

Thinking about You

What If ?