Nonexistent Self Made Monster

Kill the guardian,
Kill the slave,
They both are in me,
Alive and healthy,

Been there from my birth,
Residing in my conscience,
Scratching my flesh from within,

Who are they? Don't you know?,
They are within me, Within all of you,

It's our 'Mind',
A guardian veiled,
Acts a mentor, Imitates a guide,
But clever it is to gift us enslavement,

It never orders to kneel,
It befriends us,
Stabs us in the back,
Makes us judgemental of everything,
Being a slave we asks it's advice,
We answer to it, to demons of thoughts,

How foolish we are
To give shelter to an enemy,
A wolf disguised as lamb,
Who are we responding to?,
None but a smoke illusion,
That exists on nowhere plain,
An enemy so strong,
Nonexistent self made monster.

© Mohammad Shahnawaz 2015

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am sorry for everything

Thinking about You

What If ?